BSJA Guernsey and Guernsey Equestrian LBG Code of Conduct
BSJA Guernsey and Guernsey Equestrian LBG (The Club) is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its members and the highest ideals of sportsmanship, citizenship and loyalty to create strength of character and self-discipline. The Club believes that it is important that members, parents / guardians, officials, volunteers and coaches should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others.
Therefore, members are always encouraged to be open and to share any concerns or complaints they may have about any aspect of the club with the committee.
The Club should offer a positive experience for members, where they can learn new things in a safe and positive environment.
Members have the right to:
- Be safe and happy in their chosen activity.
- Be listened to, respected and treated fairly.
- Be protected from harm.
- Participate on an equal basis, appropriate to their ability.
- Experience competition and the desire to win.
- Be believed and supported.
- Ask for help.
- Have their concerns taken seriously and acted on as appropriate.
As a Member of BSJA Guernsey, you are expected to abide by the following Code of Conduct:
- Keep yourself safe.
- Do not allow non members to ride Horses or ponies at the showground or other events
- Report any concerns about safeguarding poor practice / misconduct you may have to the committee.
- Be friendly, supportive and show respect to coaches, officials and volunteers.
- Be friendly, supportive and show respect to other members on your team, members on opposing teams and other members of your committee.
- Take care of and show respect to your horses / ponies.
- Play fairly and be trustworthy.
- Behave and listen to all instructions given by coaches, officials and volunteers.
- Abide by the rules of the club and the sport, and accept the decisions made by coaches, officials and volunteers.
- Politely query a decision you do not understand and listen to the explanation.
- Do not cheat, be rude, violent or aggressive.
- Refrain from using foul or abusive language.
- Refrain from bullying, getting involved in discrimination of any kind, or inappropriate peer pressure. This includes face to face interactions or using social media or other technology.
- Do not possess or consume illegal drugs whilst in attendance at events or whilst representing BSJA Guernsey.
- Do not criticise officials, coaches, volunteers, staff, members or parents / guardians on social networking sites or other technology.
- If you are under the age of 16, Do not leave an organised event unless accompanied or authorised by your parent / guardian or by a BSJA Guernsey official.
- It is not acceptable to photograph or video an injured person.
- Driving vehicles on the BSJA Guernsey grounds without an appropriate driving license is forbidden unless authorised by the committee.
- Members must not ride or be carried as a passenger on any vehicle or trailer that is the property of BSJA Guernsey club.
- Children under the age of 16 should be supervised at all times, the showground is not a playground and the inherent risks of equestrian activity and the inherent risks of equestrian activity are well known.
Any minor misdemeanours and general misbehaviour will be addressed by an official or volunteer and reported to the committee or other designated person as appropriate.
More serious or persistent misbehaviour may result in disciplinary action in accordance with the procedures laid down in BSJA Guernsey rules.